Saturday, July 08, 2006

Goin Good

So far I am very happy. I rode 4-days in a row with no problems at all. My back felt really good. I can't believe it, it's almost surreal. The real test was a group ride I did on Wedsnesday. I have never done that ride without lower pack discomfort, mainly because the ride is fairly fast, with alot of time spent in a low bent-over riding position that certantly would give me pain (pre- Pruitt). But I didn't have pain! I felt great the entire time. Obviously my legs and cardiovascular system are not up to par with what they have been in the past, but that will come with time and more miles. I feel like this has been a huge turning point for me. Just to think, a few weeks ago I thought I was hopeless and would never get to where I am now. So, hopefully things will continue to go well. If the back stays the way it is, everything els will be easy. All I have to do now is ride my bike.

Also, I would like to give a BIG thanks for the support from everyone! And, if anyone wants to go for a ride let me know, I'm up for it.


Best,
TG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Tim!! I hope also that your bike riding will continue to improve. You certinly have had trials. I know that as you continue to trust God thru your "weird" back experiences, He will make you stronger. I'm anxiously awaiting what God has in store for you.
BG

Eclectchick said...

Wow! Fantastic, Tim!! It is so darn uplifting to read your reports of progress. I'm having to deal with some "twisty" issues myself, so let me know how things go with the new PT. I start with a new one in about 10 days.

Oh, and I read the post above, too. I would guess you're correct in your idea of jumping a little too deeply, too quickly. Take it easy, dude.