

OR STEVE HOGG?
Ok, now I don’t know what the heck to do!!!
A good friend of mine, Tom Hunt, suggested that I consider going to see Steve Hogg and have him do my bike analysis instead of Andy Pruitt. So it’s kind of like a Steve Hogg v.s Andy Pruitt situation. For one thing, I know more about Steve Hogg than I do about AP. SH has been helping me with my LBP (lower back pain) for a good 2 months or more now, without any charge might I add. Andy on the other hand is an MD and gets paid for his time like any other doctor. And as most people know with doctors, one cannot get a doctors advice without proper paper work, ect, ect. This is simply because the US is a litigation crazy place and you can sue anyone for (almost) anything. So my feelings are that if I see Andy, he may be under some restraint due to this. It’s just a thought, but I very well may be wrong.
I am not trying to knock AP, the guy knows A LOT about bike fit, and I am sure he will help me one way or another. With SH, I feel more comfortable with the fact that he has a much broader understanding of my personal situation. AP on the other hand doesn’t even know I exist. But, just because I have never communicated with AP doesn’t diminish his ability to help cyclists with chronic pain.
I sent an e-mail to Steve expressing my feeling on whether I would visit him or AP. Steve offered to fit me for free, and help me find a cheap place to stay. As an added bonus, SH is only 3km from the Sydney airport, so no need for land travel expenses. SO, it may turn out that both trips are even, price-wise.
So what it comes down to is the fact that both guys will help me out. Both have their own points of view as far at their philosophy on how to deal with individuals like myself, with complicated biomechanical problems.
So, for now, I am going to get a hold of AP’s book, and read the chapters on bike fit, and than read a power point that SH sent me. Then I should be clearer on who I want to see after I do that.
I am not sure what to do (for now). I really can’t say that I could go wrong with either AP or SH.
Hmm……….
Best
TG
1 comment:
Hey, guy. How you doing? Coming any clearer on your decision?
Here's hoping a little voice is whispering in your ear, and helping you out.
Cheers!
Post a Comment