Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'm Back!

G' day...





WOW, it has been a LONG time since I have posted anything on this blog. Not sure if anyone is even checking this anymore, but I felt like posting again...



A LOT has happened since my last update. It is a very, very long story but I will keep it short and sweet...



Overall, I feel GREAT on the bike. The constant stretching and structural work on my imbalances have made a huge difference. It was a very long, drawn out process but I made huge improvements.



Along with structural work, a lot of changes have been made to my bike... Most notably the elimination of many different "weird" adjustments to my position. I am now riding without as many shims under my cleats as well as a further forward seat position and higher seat height. All of these changes reflect the increased flexability I now have and the overall transformation my body has gone threw. For about 3 months I rode with my seat LATERALLY offset... That's right. LATERALLY offset. Steve Hogg showed me a way that you can alter an FSA K-Force seat post, to allow you to literally move the entire saddle to the left or right. I rode with my saddle offset to the right about 1cm... This adjustment was breakthrough for me, and basically forced me to pedal symmetrically. Eventually, i put the saddle back to center and have felt great since. Badda Bing, Badda Boom!!!

I have also started doing bike fitting. I have learned alot over the years, especially over the past year and a half. NO, I am not serotta certified. NO, I dont have some certificate. AND NO I do not have a degree. What I do have is the experience of having any and every kind of cycling discomfort since I was 14. SEVEN years in the School of Hard Knocks. You can't buy that. Need I say more? My fitting biz is called "GreshFit". Check it out at http://www.thetimgreshfit.blogspot.com/ ...



As far as racing goes....

I upgraded to a category 2 racer. I'm back.

Best,
TG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boyah! That's what I was looking to hear online! Too bad many of the people reading this won't get to watch you race or get fitted by you like I did. Were you 14 when we raced against each other at Garden Spot?

Aaron Moffatt said...

Nice work Tim. Your an inspiration to other injured cyclists. It just shows that stretching and core work pays off.