Monday, August 06, 2007

Time Trial Video

4 comments:

Aaron Moffatt said...

Tim do you position your cleats back on your shoes like Steve Hogg Recommends? I can't really tell in the video.

Timothy Gresh said...

Aaron,

Yep, I have my cleats positioned back aprox 1cm behind ball of foot. I needed to get nike shoes in order to achieve the setback that I needed though. Somtime I might try just jamming the cleats ALL the way back to see how that feels.. If i do, that will be more like 1.5-2cm setback. Overall, setting my cleats back have given me the most positive differance than almost any other adjusment I have made over the years..

Aaron Moffatt said...

I wouldn't recommend moving them back much further, because you would lose more than you gain. You would probably kill your sprint. Check with Steve Hogg though, he's the guru.

What you could do is give mid-foot/Arch cleat positioning a try though.

http://www.cyclingnews.com.au
/fitness/?id=2007/letters06-13#1

Timothy Gresh said...

That is a good point. I might just try it for the heck of it... But I don't know. Things feel good right now and I am a big believer in the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

As far as the midfoot cleat stuff goes... I have been paying close attention to Steve Hogg's findings with it, and am VERY interested to see where it goes. I would like to maybe experiment with it myself and/or get other riders to try it out.