Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stabilizing...

Alrighty.


On my latest visit to see Joel Ninos, I was skeptical of my SI joint, and whether it stayed in place or not... I REALLY didn't think the bugger would still be in place, BUT it was!!! So that was a shocker, mainly because I have still been having pain. Joel is pretty adimate about the idea that the discs in my lower back are still stiff, and need more mobilization. According to Joel, the pain I still have is due to the discs, so Joel did some manipulation on the spine to loosen them up. And let me tell you, when he (Joel) does that, I feel like a new man. My back feels SO good, and relaxed afterwards. The rides I have had so far have been.... Eh, so-so... Not bad, but not incredibly stellar. So we'll see. Hopefully things continued to improve, but I must say I am happy that at least my SI is still in place.

Also, I went to see my Orthopedic doctor to talk about my popping right knee. After he (doctor) listened to the popping, he was quite sure that I would need arthroscopic surgery to remove the torn piece of meniscus that is catching on my femur. The recovery time should be very quick. So I will be having the surgery done pretty soon. Geez I'm a mess!!!

I am really working hard at my flexibility and doing all my stretches. I have been doing the stuff once in the morning, then before a ride, then after the ride and before bed..... Everyday. I am looking forward to more progress with the lower back pain....

Time to stretch....

Best,
TG

No comments: