
So while I should have been doing homework, I decided to go threw some of my
records, to see exactly what I had to do over the past 7-years for my sucky back problem. Most of the stuff is from the past 3 years. AND NO!… This is NOT an exaggeration!!!
-9 X-rays on various parts of my body
-6 different physical therapists
-3 different bike fitters
-3 different chiropractors
-3 different orthopedic doctors
-2 MRI’s (on both knees)
-2 shots of cortisone
-2 different doctors
-2 different sports medicine doctors
-1 Bone Scan
-1 CAT-Scan
-1 knee surgery
-1 massage therapist
Not to mention…
-5 books on human biomechanics and physiology
-Hundreds of hours of research online
-1 trip to Colorado to see world known cycling expert Andy Pruitt
-2-years of priceless help from world-known bike fit expert Steve Hogg of Australia
-Countless hours of physical therapy, core strengthening, yoga, stretching.
-Close to 80 different changes made to my bike position.
-Countless bike parts purchased in an attempt help relieve the pain
And I am sure I am missing a few things, lol.
After ALL of that… I am finally feeling good on the bike. Now I am sitting here thinking to myself. Why did I go threw all of that? Why didn’t I just give up after the first MRI, or after the first doctor told me I should just quit riding my bike altogether. When I reflect on everything, I realize how much I want this. How much I want to take this sport as far as I can.
I’m not sure why I am writing this… Maybe it's because I don't have a life… Or maybe it’s because I am incredibly thankful to have my health, and to have the opportunity to do something I truly love.
I am incredibly thankful for my friends, who have supported me over the years and encouraged me, when most others were telling me I am making a mistake by going after a silly dream…
Well… That’s all for now. Let’s see what is possible.
Best,
TG
No comments:
Post a Comment